The government has recommended an end to the public health measures in place in schools from Monday 28th February. We are waiting on clarity and guidance from the Department of Education over the coming days.
However in the meantime, from Monday 28th February, the following arrangements will be in place in our school:
- Children from 3rd class upwards no longer need to wear a face mask in school.
- Children no longer need to be restricted to their pod within the classroom setting.
- Classrooms will continue to be ventilated so children may wear either their school tracksuit or uniform to school for the rest of this term. They should continue to bring a warm coat to school.
- Children who are close contacts no longer need to restrict their movements.
- If your child is unwell or displays any symptoms of Covid-19, they should NOT attend school.
- If your child is absent, please keep us informed by completing the absence reason on Aladdin.
- The program of free antigen tests from the HSE will continue for class contacts for the present.
Over the coming weeks, we will be making a plan to bring the school back together again. As you can imagine, for a school this big, we will be adopting a staged approach in order to do things properly, to adjust timetables and to establish new routines for everyone. We will begin with the break-times and yards before working towards removing the staggered start and finishing times.
We’re asking for your patience as we do our best to prepare for and establish these new routines in our school over the coming weeks.