Mr. Courtney has sent an email to parents today. Here are some points from the email.
All children in Junior Infants, Senior Infants, First and second classes will return to school on March 1st. This is fantastic news for us and we are looking forward to welcoming them back. We are currently analysing the Department of Education guidelines and our own procedures as we prepare for their return. Our Reopening Plan served the pupils, parents and staff very well last term and does not require huge adjustments.
Our risk mitigation measures have been reviewed and updated. However, in view of the virulent nature of the new Covid 19 variants, we ask everyone to be particularly vigilant and for your co-operation especially with the following:
- Parents should not send children to school if they are close contacts of a person with COVID 19, are awaiting a test or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have travelled from another country in the previous 14 days.
- Parents must complete a Return to School Parent Declaration Form on line AFTER 3PM on Sunday 28th February for children returning to school on March 1st and thereafter after any absence from class
- All parents are required to wear a mask both inside the school grounds and in the school vicinity due to the large volume of adults dropping and collecting children.
- Parents are asked not to congregate at or near school and to keep at least 2 m apart while waiting to drop-off or collect pupils
- Children from first class up are asked to bring a wash-bag to school. Details are on the school app.
- All communication with the school must take place by phone, online or via the homework journal.
We ask all parents to check out our school app where you will find useful information and tips on our school reopening.
We hope our pupils in classes from third to sixth continue with the fantastic work online. Mr. Courtney would like to thank all parents and guardians for their support of online learning over the past two months. We are eager to have all our pupils back in the classrooms as soon as possible. We can all support this goal and each other by observing the guidelines.
Remote teaching will end for all pupils from Junior Infants to 2nd class on Friday 26th of February .
If for any reason, you have any concerns about your child’s return to school please contact Mr. Courtney or your child’s teacher through the school office.