This week is Climate Action Week.
It is a week where we remind ourselves of the actions we can all take in our homes, schools and communities to assist with our climate goals.
To mark this event, our Green Schools Committee are proposing that we have a
‘Walk to School’ and ‘Energy Awareness Day’ this Friday.
We would like you to encourage as many pupils as possible to walk to school this Friday.
We would also like you to remind the children of all the ways they can help to save energy at school and at home
- Turning off unnecessary lights
- Using energy efficient light bulbs
- Unplugging all electrical devices when not in use
- Taking shorter showers
- Turning off the tap when washing their teeth
- Checking that all taps and hoses are turned off properly
- Buying loose fruit and vegetables
- Donating toys to charity
- Recycling and reusing whenever possible