Policy on Transferring from another school to St. Brigid’s N.S.
The Board of Management will accept transfers into the school subject to the terms of Circular 24/02, and to the following:
- that the child has already been enrolled in another school or is receiving home tuition under the DES/NEWB Túsla/Child and Family Agency approved guidelines
- that the child is transferring to an age-appropriate class and
- that there is a space in a class at that level for the child wishing to transfer
- that the child is leaving with the goodwill of his/her previous school.
Procedures for admission of students to other years and during the school year
- Parents wishing to apply for places in all other classes (Senior Infants – 6th class) should apply in writing to the Board of Management after which they will be sent an Expression of Interest Form Transfer Form.
- Completion of the Expression of Interest Transfer Form does not guarantee a place in the school.
- A completed Expression of Interest Transfer Forms together with relevant documents as outlined will be accepted at any time during the school year. This will be date stamped and held until a place becomes available.
- When places are available, applications will be offered to children immediately.
- When classes are full, a waiting list is held and children are placed on that list until a place becomes available
- When places become available and in the event of oversubscription, the selection criteria of the school in relation to the admission of students to classes other than the school’s intake group are as follows:
- Priority Category1: Children of school-going age who live in the Parish of Our Lady Mother of the Church, Castleknock and who do not have a school place.
- Priority Category 2: Children of school-going age who live in the Parish of Our Lady Mother of the Church, Castleknock and who do not have a school place in the Dublin 15 area.
- Priority Category 3: Children who reside in the Parish of Our Lady Mother of the Church, Castleknock and who are attending one of the schools in the Dublin 15 area.
- Priority Category 4: All other applicants.
- In the event of the number of children in category (1) exceeding the number of places available in a given class, when a place becomes available, the Board of Management will implement a cut-off, whereby children will be offered a place according to their date of application. The same criteria will be adopted in relation to pools (2), (3), and (4) respectively, until all places are filled.
- All unsuccessful applicants will remain on the waiting list, in accordance with the above criteria for places that may become available at a later date.
- All unsuccessful applicants have a right of appeal under Section 29 Department Of Education.
- Places must be accepted in writing not later than 14 days after the offer of a place.